Friday, March 26, 2010

Did you graduate high school Miss. Leanne?

Yesterday my students and I were working on spelling. We usually say our spelling words out loud and do some sort of movement with the letters to the words. I was having a hard time spelling some of the 1st grade words. I was spelling seed with a 'c'. Later one of my girls said, "Miss Leanne did you graduate high school?" If anyone was wondering I have graduated from high school. I am also really close to graduating from college. Just because I was having a hard time with some of my spelling in 1st grade does not mean that I am not smart.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this makes me laugh! I am not the best at math and Kevin likes to joke that I'm not qualified to teach anything over 1st grade. It's okay...we all have our days, and those phonics rules are tricky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and now you are a college grad :)

    ReplyDelete