Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pigeons and Sheep

Yesterday and today my students learned about Jesus when he was in the temple and he overturned the tables. It is found in John 2:12-24 if you want to look it up. Yesterday, we read the story from a Children's Bible and from the NIV version to get the real facts. Today as an extension activity I split the students into groups and had them act out the story. All of my students wanted to be pigeons and sheep, and that was it. That is what they got from the story I guess. I had 3 girls running around the classroom flapping their arms like pigeons, and then all of the sudden they would drop onto the floor and start baaing, and they would be sheep. Another group of students was arguing because no one wanted to be Jesus. I solved the problem in the most reasonable way possible. We played Rock, Paper, Scissors to figure out who was going to be Jesus in the little reenactment. It was quite the day.

3 comments:

  1. well that must've been frustrating for you but it made me laugh histarically!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha- the story was even funny the second time :) Glad you were able to calmly figure out who Jesus would be. Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rock, paper, scissors is the best solution to everything:-) I can't imagine them not wanting to be Jesus! Crazy kids!

    ReplyDelete