Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Cookies with Grade 6
I had three of my grade 6 girls over to bake cookies. I am their mentor for their final junior school project. They are learning about poverty and are doing service work to raise money to buy school supplies for a school in a village close to one of the girls houses. They wanted to come over to my house really badly, and I was not going to just let them just come over, they had to have a good reason. They came up with baking cookies to sell to raise money for the school supplies. Baking is right up my ally so I said that would be a great idea. They came over on a Wednesday after school around 2 and did not leave until 5. We made 2 batches of brownie, 2 batches of no bake cookies, 2 batches of easy peanut butter cookies, and they decorated many many sugar cookies. I think that they raised around $80 which was not bad since we only spent $15 on supplies. They need to raise a lot more money to buy school supplies but we are going to think of a different way to do it. 
They often said, "Wow this tastes really good." or "Oh my gosh this is so yummy." I told them that they could taste one of everything that we made. I think that there was more tasting going on then that, but that is what baking is all about. They wanted to know where I learned my mad baking skills from, I told them my mom and grandma taught me everything I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment