Tuesday, July 27, 2010

First Day of School



Today was my first day of school and I have pictures to prove it. It ended up being a great day. I have 11 students in my class, and only 10 showed up today. Throughout the day we learned about each other and about the classroom as well. We worked with patterns, read a story, told the creation story, created the rules of the classroom, went over jobs of the classroom, had 2 breaks, and a lunch. The students were really good. The boys are really funny and the girls are more shy. The day went a lot better then I had expected.

One boy asked me if I would help him tuck in his shirt. I told him no, and said that he should figure out how to do it himself. He proceded to drop his trousers, and try to tuck in his shirt. He did pretty well until he had to zip his pants back up, another boy in the class helped him. It was really funny to watch the whole thing play out. Tomorrow I actually have real plans for the students, so we will see how the day goes.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad your first day of being a real person was great! Good luck on your second day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you thought to take a picture on you first day of school. Reminds me of elementary school!

    ReplyDelete