Saturday, January 9, 2010
The Mall
This afternoon I went to the mall with the people that I am staying with. I needed to get some ruppah, an adaptor for my computer, and a cell phone. Well, I took out 1million ruppah from the ATM. Roughly converted this is 100 US dollars. The largest bill that they have is the 100000 which is equivalent to 10 US dollars. Then we went to ACE Hardware and I got my adapter for my computer. I had bought an adaptor in the states, but it does not work in Indonesia, and I needed to have one for my computer. We then went and bought a cell phone. This was interesting because I had to try to communicate with the people but I had no idea what they were saying, and they had no idea what I was saying. I was glad that Gregg was there with me to try to translate for me as much as he could. I got a good deal on the phone and I will be able to communicate with fellow teachers with it. The mall was huge, it was three stories in some parts, and it had a roller coaster. I am looking forward to going back and exploring it a little more. I could easily spend hours in there. I think that is all for now. I will update again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to hear that you are getting settled.
ReplyDeleteI hope your first days of student teaching go well.
Hugs & Kisses,
-Adam
hey you should put a picture up of the money that would be soooooo cool. have fun!!!!
ReplyDelete~Brent