Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The reason I am here... school

So I have been at school for 2 days already. I thought that you would want to know a little bit about the school. First it is gorgeous. There are tropical plants all over, and the campus is humongous. I have 20 kids in my class, 11 girls and 9 boys. The classroom is pretty small, but we all manage to fit. Today in fitness we did the macerena, it was hilarious. I never thought that I would be doing the macerena during school hours. The day starts at 6:45 and students leave at 1:00. The teachers stay until at least 3:30 but we have grade level meetings and devotions during that time so it goes by pretty fast. Also when I have to start lesson planning that time will be nice because I will be able to do most of my work during that time.
Everyone at the school is so friendly. Today as I was riding up the elevator to my apartment, there was another SPH teacher riding too. He knew where I lived before I even knew his name. Everyone is willing to help out in anyway that they can which is greatly appreciated. I am in love with the Christian atmosphere that the teachers bring to their classrooms, and even the campus as a whole. This is something that I have missed in my other placements.

1 comment:

  1. hi leanne!!!! we'll try this again. i wrote the other day & it never posted. thanks so much for havin this so we can keep in touch...it sounds like it's been great so far. learn lots & have mucho fun:) keep us updated! love you---u. kenny & a. jess

    ReplyDelete