Monday, February 8, 2010

Bandung=Bagoose

Bagoose means good in Bahasa. That is the one word to summarize the weekend. We left Lippo at 3:30, and got in Bandung at 10:30. We drove on a busy highway backwards for about 3 minutes. We made another taxi driver angry, and he almost made us get out of the car. We went to some outlet malls, we had amazing food all weekend. I climbed a volcano. I also went in natural hot springs, and soaked my feet. That would never be allowed in the states.

The picture with me and the shirt, if you read it, the English is awful, and it makes no sense. They have t-shirts like that all around Indonesia. There are some shots of me by the volcano. It smells really sulfurous, which I was not expecting. There were also Ojecks in the middle of the jungle as we were hiking to one of the craters of the volcanoes, which is ruining nature. Also on this trip, people wanted to take pictures with us because we were white. After one of the photo shoots we were blessed by all of the children. I did not mind the photo shoots, I kind of felt like a movie star and the people were all really excited about the pictures. We were back in Lippo by 8:30 Sunday night. It was a whirlwind tour of Bandung but totally worth it. It was a bagoose weekend. I tried to post pictures but it did not work, I will try tomorrow, I need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment