Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sitting in Sentul in Starbucks

Yes, it is true. I am sitting in Starbucks in Indonesia. I do not have Internet in my house yet, and I need to check my email so I ventured out to my nearest friendly Starbucks to get the free Wireless. I also picked up a cup of coffee, but I had too.

My flights to Indonesia were pretty nice, long but I was expecting that. In Singapore where I had to get my work visa, we were supposed to stay in a hotel. When we arrived at the hotel at 3:00am they said that they had overbooked our room. We ended going to the sister hotel which was the nicest hotel in Singapore. It was so nice, and the beds were amazing even though I could not sleep. They were super comfy. When we told everyone at school what happened they were so jealous. I think that I lucked out big time.

I arrived in Jakarta on Wednesday night and headed to my new house. There I put all of my luggage in my room and fell into bed. The house is great, and so big. I am staying in the Master bedroom which is connected to a bathroom as well.

On Thursday I went to school and we sat in meetings all day. We learned about the proper forms to fill out for anything that we might need. If I want to blow my nose it seems that there is a form that I have to fill out. Thursday afternoon we went to the Giant Supermarket to fill up our house with things. We bought some bowls, towels, and other necessities like a coffee pot. You know the essentials in life. At night we went to a fellow teachers house for dinner. Friday morning there was no rest for the weary. We started our day at 6:30 (am). We went to more meetings, and more shopping in the afternoon.

It has been nice because the school has made sure that we have transportation to everywhere that we need to go.

Today (Sunday) I went to church and then now I am catching up on emails from the past week. Tomorrow we have more meetings.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah you posted!!! We're so glad to hear from you! (I have been checking everyday since you left....thinking maybe you could update during a layover or something!) It sounds like the school is keeping you super busy, does that help you adjust to the time zone because your so tired at the end of the day? I'm excited to hear you have a starbucks! How great is that!! Will wants to know if the toliets flush and the water goes the other way. hmmmm thats boys...maybe I'll get a girl in sept. that could be nice! Hope you have a great week, can't wait for your next posting! love you! WBS (Will, Bethany & Samuel)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for writing. I will be sure to tell Bella you are at Starbucks - she will be excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool cool, and how is the maid working out?

    ReplyDelete