Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Adventure

On Tuesday we did not have school so a couple of us decided to go on an adventure. We rode on Scott and Diane's motorbikes all over Sentul. We rode through a kompaung, hiked up a small mountain, went to a hotel that was in the middle of nowhere. To get to the hotel that cost a lot of money to stay at each night was off of a road that was not even paved. We hit a bunch of boulders, and rocks going up and down the hill. After the hotel we went to a waterfall. I do not have pictures of the waterfall because it was raining so I did not take my camera. A random guy said that he would take us to the waterfall since the road was not drivable. We hiked through rice patties, over hills, and through rivers to get there. It was quite an experience. It was so fun though. My legs are all scratched up from walking to the waterfall but it was worth it. Here are some pictures of the adventure. Oh I also saw more water buffalo.

The road to the hotel

There is a village that we rode through in the background but you cannot tell.

Everybody's got a water buffalo

The motorcycle I road all day. Look I am wearing a helmet. You cannot tell but I am smiling for the camera under my helmet

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an adventures to remember! Glad you found the waterfall even though you didn't get a picture. Can't wait to hear about the next crazy adventure :)

    ReplyDelete