Monday, August 2, 2010

First Week of School

I finished my first week of being an adult, and it is actually okay. Being an adult for a week has not been to difficult. Teaching has been a lot of fun. I have 10 students, 3 boys, and 7 girls. As a class we have been doing a lot of different things, and always singing songs. The other day I reenacted the creation story with tissues, fish, and a bottle of water. The students seemed to really enjoy it. By the end of the story they could tell me what was created every day. My co-teacher and I decided that she would teach Math and I would do Biblical Studies. It seems like a pretty fair trade-off to me. I am glad that God put a Math lover in my class as my teaching partner. In Grade 5 English I am only teaching them twice a week. This week we are going to play telephone pictionary and work on sentence structure.



The picture has nothing to do with my current status but I did not want you to forget what I look like.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you got a math loving co-teacher as well. That will make teaching even better! You are so creative, your students must love you!

    Enjoy week two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to talk to you! Miss you!
    Glad week one went so well in school, I will be praying that it continues. It was great to see the pictures of your classroom as well, it looks awesome!

    Leah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would never forget what you look like,Your adorable! Glad things are going so well. I have to say that I was really liking the "first day of school" photo with your backpack. Your mom must be so proud!;)
    Love and Prayers - Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you gotten any kids in your english class that write as bad as me?

    ReplyDelete