Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Street Kids Party

New Years is a really big deal in Rwanda. The day before New Years Eve Maddy, Serge, Jen and I went to the church and met all of the street kids. These are kids that ITeams is helping to go to school through financial support, or kids that really live on the street. Serge had picked out a goat that morning that they slaughtered and that the ladies of the church made for lunch. Maddy and I were in charge of games. We played every game that we could think of that could be played explained through a translator. It was a lot of fun. The boys and girls really enjoyed themselves.

All of the kids playing: What Time is it Mr. Fox?



We started the day with dancing.

I found some new best friends. We are relaxing in the grass as the boys are playing rough.

All of the food lined up in rows. For some of the kids this was their only meal of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment