These are some pictures from the water walk that we did. We took jarikins (containers) and walked down a really big hill to fill them up with water. Then we had to carry the jarikins back up the hill so that the people in the village would have water to drink, cook with, and bathe with. All of the kids also had jarikins that they filled up with water. I am very thankful for the water that I have that comes out of the faucet and shower head. I do not have to walk for 3 hours round trip to get any water. God is good to me. Now, everytime I see a person with a jarikin I cringe and think about carrying the water up the hill, and say a little thank you to God that that is not an everyday occurrence for me.

The kids and I walking back after we fetched water.

The kids putting water in their jarikins from the creek.

Maddy and I with the kids and our empty jarikins. Maddy and I carried 2- 5 liter containers. Some kids had 20 liters that they carried on their heads.

Me with my jarikins ready to go. I should also mention that we picked prime sun time to go. It was 1:00 in the afternoon. It was hot.

No comments:
Post a Comment